Friday, September 19, 2008

Running Around the Internet...Again....

Been doing a lot of reading for CI 5323 and will soon have the opportunity to present an article review and discussion online. I have decided to use Adobe Connect since it has not been used in the class yet and I don't want to forget how to use it. Besides, it provides a way to deliver a synchronous lecture and follow-up discussion with ease. I am going to use UMConnect, which should work just fine. I have already set up the meeting and have my URL and invitations sent out to the participants.

As for the Scardamalia and Bereiter article, Computer Support for Knowledge-Building Communities, I have read it thoroughly once and will read it again while summarizing it. I have gotten the PowerPoint started and have Adobe Presenter installed. I wanted to find some exhibits or sites that utilize CSILE, Computer supported intentional learning environments, but found few. Part of the reason is that CSILE has evolved into other projects that have other features. CSILE, while still providing rich inquiry learning experiences, has been expanded upon by other newer knowledge-building projects. CSILE was one of the first projects to reframe inquiry learning within a knowledge-building context.

I did find some photos of CSILE projects in classrooms after looking for them most of the night and found examples of both low tech and high tech classroom projects. A low tech example might be shown as sticky notes with facts about particular topic stuck to a white-board where students can continually reconstruct category contents; high tech, an online constructed cmap that is available for ongoing public modification.

No comments: